The Ultimate Guides to Online Learning
Created by researchers at the Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute®, our family of free guides will introduce you to the world of online learning. Inside each guide, you’ll find key definitions, research findings and practical strategies that paint a picture of what kind of preparations and support systems are necessary to ensure students succeed in their online courses.
Administrators are often recognized as the first line of leadership in any school, online or brick-and-mortar. This free guide is intended to inform building administrators about best practices for online learning and, ultimately, to maximize student learning outcomes in the online environment.
In this guide, we explore answers to the following questions:
- What is online learning?
- What are the differences/similarities between online and face-to-face learning?
- Why are students choosing online learning?
- What is the administrator’s role in online learning?
- What are some common misconceptions about online learning?
- How does one establish and maintain a successful online learning program?